Have you ever had a craving for brownies sneak up on you? Home baked, warm, fudgey, chocolatey brownies? And you can’t help it, you must have one? But that’s when you realize how totally in the way your life is — you’re too tired, you’re on a diet, you don’t have it in you to bake and so you end up tossing a frozen burrito in the microwave instead, right?
Well, what if you could satisfy your brownie craving with a warm, delicious VEGAN brownie without having to bake an entire pan of treats, in about the time it takes to microwave that burrito? Enter my beloved single-serve VEGAN fudge brownie, made in a mug in your microwave! When I first started looking into vegan cooking, my omnivore (but good food loving friend) Josh sent this my way to help me out. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes, and it’s easy to see why!
- 4 T Flour of your choice
- 4 T Organic sugar or your favorite powdered or granular sweetener (may have to adjust the recipe if substituting!)
- 2 T Organic cocao powder
- 2 T Melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 T Water
- Vanilla Extract (to taste)
- Pinch of salt (do not omit)
- Place the flour, salt and cocao in a coffee mug and stir until well blended.
- Mix in the coconut oil thoroughly to form a paste, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pop the mug in your microwave on high for 45 seconds to 55 seconds. The brownie should look a bit damp in the middle.
- Let cool for a minute or two then grab a fork and dig in!
Mirrored from Hanamachi Lights: Bento & Food.