One of my favorite comfort foods is a delicious rice bowl, with a great topping or plain. Rice is my downfall carb, and I can’t seem to shake it! This recipe is for a favorite of mine, and it’s so easy to make!
PLEASE NOTE: This recipe is *not* vegan, please be aware that not all of my recipes will be.
- 2 C Cooked Sticky Rice (short or medium grain), prepared according to package directions.
- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey
- 3 T Olive or Coconut OIl
- 1 Clove Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Dark Agave Nectar (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 C Baby Spinach Leaves, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 C White Onion, chopped or minced
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Root, crushed (optional)
- 1 T Soy Sauce (optional)
- Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside, covered with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat along with garlic, onions and ginger. Cook until the onions are translucent. Add the cinnamon, salt and soy sauce, stirring well.
- Add the spinach to the pan and toss to coat with the oil mixture. Turn the heat up to medium and cook until just slightly wilted, turning often with tongs. Add the agave and give it another stir to coat.
- Top the rice with spinach mixture and serve!
Mirrored from Hanamachi Lights: Bento & Food.